Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Is it possible to convert v2.3 Softmotion project to v3?

pnn
2016-09-01
2016-09-01
  • pnn - 2016-09-01

Hi,

I have a Codesys v.2.3 project which uses Softmotion, and tried to convert it to Codesys v.3.

Codesys v3 displayed tons of messages about libraries used in the v.2.3 project, asking me what to replace them with. There are no third party libraries used in the project, only the standard 3S ones. However, for most of them I can't find any replacement or I'm not sure what to pick. If I select the 'Convert and install....' option, usually a password prompt pops up (although v2.3 project does not have any passwords). And so on .....

So my first question is, is Softmotion 2.3 -> 3.x conversion possible at all?

If it is possible, are there any guidelines how to do it?

Thanks.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-09-01

Hi,

it is possible, the differences are the drive configuration and all SM libs do not need to be converted the exists in the V3 Setup as V3 libraries.
    (So skip all the libs to be converted - this is the pw requesting part)
    If you need additional help on doing this maybe an option is to send the project to the CODESYS Support.

BR
    Edwin