Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Save value from visu directly to PC?

2013-02-01
2013-02-06
  • ilie.c.lucian - 2013-02-01

Hello.

I have a PLC and a PC connected to it via serial interface.
    Is there any way that I can save a value from the Codesys Visualization directly on the PC (not on the PLC)? Can I do it by making use of some ActiveX functionality or some other way? How?

Thank you,
    Lucian

• shooter - 2013-02-01

if you use the simple serail connection nd you have a codesys running on the PC you can use DDE
    if not then you have to use OPC.

• JAPIB

JAPIB - 2013-02-02

You can use Watch and recipes manager (from Ressources).
    With the recipe manager you can save/restore value in a file on the PC.
    You can use it from the Codesys Visualization by using a button with "Execute Program" .

Best regard

• ilie.c.lucian - 2013-02-05

Thank you for your answers, Shooter and Japib.

Shooter, I am not that familiar with DDE and I read in the Codesys manual that you have to configure the GatewayDDEServer. Also, it says that the DDE interface becomes active when you login. But how can I acquire a PLC value and append that value in a file?

Japib, your solution seems to work. Thank you for your insight.

But what I am trying to do is some kind of sampling archive. I want to keep adding PLC values into a file on the PC, directly from the Codesys visualization, at certain times during the day, automatically.
    I cannot use recipes, as I have to manually save to file and I cannot append values. Or maybe I don't see it right.
    Do you see a way to do this?

Sorry for not being specific the first time and thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Lucian

• ilie.c.lucian - 2013-02-06

It seems that I have overlooked the history functionality provided by the trend element in the visualization.

I can save the trend in a TRD file on my PC and the open it with Notepad.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Lucian