Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Sample code

leoV
2016-08-17
2016-08-19
  • leoV - 2016-08-17

Getting started question:
    Is there any sample project or tutorial published specifically for BBB. I am looking for a very simple GPIO example showing how to assign available IO to variables. I thought there was something in the store but seemed to be removed?

• leoV - 2016-08-18

I found it. There is a sample installed with the package in ...[user dir]\CODESYS Control for BeagleBone SL\3.5.9.0\Examples\GPIO BeagleBone.project"
    However after loading this example and updating I found a lot of errors (600+). It appeared most were from missing Raspberry Pi libs (am I the only one starting from BBB right away without Pi? )
    Now's just 4 left, all related to Filereader:
    ------ Build started: Application: CODESYS_Control_for_BeagleBone_Black.Application -------
    typify code ...
    [ERROR] iodrvgpio, 1.0.1.10 (3s - smart software solutions gmbh): DetermineProcessorType GPIO: C0077: Unknown type: 'FileReader'
    [ERROR] iodrvgpio, 1.0.1.10 (3s - smart software solutions gmbh): DetermineProcessorType GPIO: C0035: Program name, function or function block instance expected instead of 'fr'
    [ERROR] iodrvgpio, 1.0.1.10 (3s - smart software solutions gmbh): DetermineProcessorType GPIO: C0035: Program name, function or function block instance expected instead of 'fr.GetLine'
    [ERROR] iodrvgpio, 1.0.1.10 (3s - smart software solutions gmbh): DetermineProcessorType GPIO: C0077: Unknown type: 'FileReader'
    Compile complete -- 4 errors, 5 warnings

Any hints?

leo

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-08-18

Hi,
    seems that this example somehow is not the latest version.

1. New Project and select BBB device
    2. Plug Device GPIO's
    3. add mapping

BR
    Edwin

IMG: PlugDevice.jpg

IMG: GPIO_secelt.jpg

IMG: Mapping.jpg

bbb_GPIOs.project [54.26 KiB]

• leoV - 2016-08-19

Thanks for the help Edwin, this works.
    Also I wasn't aware of the "plug device..." option, the new BBB project comes with an empty mapping

Leo