Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Numeric variable display

Anonymous
2016-02-12
2016-02-16
  • Anonymous - 2016-02-12

Originally created by: gnom4

Hi

I was looking for a simple object to visualize a numerical value - just a field that is showing a value of a variable and also allows to change the value...
    I don't know if I missed something or there isn't any object in the visualization allowing it except of a table or a meter showing a value???

• Anonymous - 2016-02-13

Originally created by: scott_cunningham

You can do this with rectangle or label or even a button. Enter %s or %d or %f in the Text property and then in the Text Variable property enter your variable. There are some formatting options for numbers - check the help for specific details. You can also mix with regular text like %s rpm. For motor speed. I'm sorry I do not remember if you need '%s' or just %s - I am not near my development software.

• Anonymous - 2016-02-13

Originally created by: gnom4

Thanks.

I'm probably too much used to standard HMI software where You just put in a special field for that...

• vitovt1877 - 2016-02-16

When I started to use Visualization I used "Text Field" for entering numbers. Basically as I see it now you can use any object with "Text variable" property to display information and "Inputconfiguration" property to enter information. With "Inputconfiguration" you can assign "Write a Variable" action to event using appropriate input type - Numpad/KeyPad/TextInput or something else. Also you can use customized input type if you don't like standard one.