Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

codesys RTE on win 10 x64

olteanu-eu
2017-04-12
2017-11-30
  • olteanu-eu - 2017-04-12

i try to install codesys control on win 10 x64 pro but i don't see the processor cores ,
    anyone has idea how solve this problem

IMG: error.png

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-04-13

Hi,
    which processor does your System have?

BR
    Edwin

IMG: sysinfo.jpg

• olteanu-eu - 2017-04-14

HI Edwin
    in have intel xeon E3-1240 v5 , now I tried with codesys win 64 it works ok, but you had to install WinPcap

IMG: sistem information.png

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-04-17

Hi,
    ok sure this works, but Control RTE should work on this device too.
    You have 4 real core.
    BR
    Edwin

• olteanu-eu - 2017-04-17

It may need to be made additional settings (register or windows features) or install additional software ?,
    I do not understand why I do not see core
    You can transmits the checks should do to solve this problem?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-04-18

Hi,
    not really -
    deactivate
    1.hyperthreading in the BIOS
    2. disable Speedstep
    3. disable c-states
    everthing which makes the CPU clocks instable Need to be disabled. (See RTE documentation)
    If the Problem still exists. Give an email to Support to investigate it.

BR
    Edwin

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-04-20

Hi,
    it is a bug will be solved with 3.5SP11 Version.

BR
    Edwin

• PLC programmer - 2017-11-24

Is it possible to use hyperthreading or is it planed with future versions of ControlRTE?
    e.g CPU with 8 real cores and 16 threads to 7 cores with 14 threads and one core for Control RTE.

Currently only 7 cores with 7 threads are available next to the core with ControlRTE.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-11-30

Hi,

As soon as Microsoft offers this possibility (which they will probably never do), we will implement it as well.
    The basic prerequisite for RTE to run on its own core is that Windows leaves it alone.
    And Windows can only be limited to a number of CPU cores, you can't tell which Windows to run on and which not.

And the order of numbering is always the same (here a "dual core with hyperthreading" example, PC for physical core, HT for hyperthreading core):
    0: PC | 1: PC | 2: HT | 3: HT

If you limit Windows to the first core, the RTE could use the remaining 3 (this may come with Multicore RTE), but not Windows.
    It is therefore not possible to specify that Windows should run on Core 0 and 2, so that the RTE can get 1 and 3.

BR
    Edwin