Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CODESYS Control Win SysTray Stops PLC

vbelo
2015-09-04
2015-09-09
  • vbelo - 2015-09-04

Hello,

I have a program that worked perfectly last week, but was not responding yesterday or this morning. I am using CoDeSys 3.5 SP4 Patch 1 with CODESYS_Control_Win_V3 to use my laptop to simulate a PLC. I know there is only a demo license which lasts 120 minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that 120 minutes is per session, not total time allowed. If so, I will describe my problem below.

My program uses a PCANusb CAN interface to read and write generic CAN messages and was working beautifully before. I could even Login and use my visualization in its entirety. I went to open the project yesterday to add functionality to it, and it wouldn't let me Login showing "No connection to the device. Please rescan your network”. No big deal, I checked my connections, made sure the pcan was operational with its own ‘pcan view’ program and attempted another login. I received the same error. At this point I went down to my system tray, and voila, the “CODESYS Control Win SysTray” was ‘stopped’. I clicked on it, and selected ‘Start PLC’ to which a blank visualization emerged and then the CODESYS Control Win SysTray was in ‘stopped mode’ again. Attempting to start the PLC results in it stopping itself.

Thinking I can reboot the SysTray, I chose Exit PLC Control" and selected CODESYS Control Win V3 SysTray from my start menu. This appeared to do nothing so I selected the CODESYS Control Win V3 icon from the start menu, and this brought up a command prompt window, some very fast text, and Windows then deemed it to have “Stopped Working”. I can either Debug or Close the program. To clarify, I have used both of these programs before without problems when I had to start and stop the laptop/PLC.

Thinking something was wrong with CoDeSys itself, I uninstalled CoDeSys 3.5 as a whole and reinstalled it cleanly. I redid my whole process above, and I get the same result. I cannot for the life of me see where the problem would be. The program worked before and nothing was changed settings wise.

I do have CoDeSys 2.3 installed on my laptop, but that has never given me any issues. I can archive my project and send it out to whoever would like to see. It is very short. I can also take screenshots of the command prompt window when CODESYS Control Win V3 crashes. Reading the text that appears on it, there are no errors that jump out at me. It just stops working for no reason.

Let me know your thoughts,
    Vadim B.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-09-08

Hi,

do you think an update to current Version is an option for you (3.5SP7Patch1)?
    There have been some issues with the old CAN PeakUSB implementation.

I would recommend to give this update a try.
    Attention:
    In the newer Version you need to use this driver in the CODESYSControl.cfg

[ComponentManager]
    Component.1=CmpTargetVisuStub
    Component.2=CmpCodeMeter
    Component.3=CmpWebServer
    Component.4=CmpWebServerHandlerV3
    Component.5=CmpPCANBasicDrv

And do not forget to update the device tree and Compiler in your current Project to the new Version (rightclick update device.. plc, CANBUS CANopen Manager if you use them...)

BR
    Edwin

• vbelo - 2015-09-09

Hi Edwin,

I think I may have found the problem. We have extensive Anti-Virus programs at my place of work, and it seems one of those programs are deleting a crucial plugin for the USB, PCAN functionality. I am working with our IT department on a solution. I appreciate the follow-up.

The solution you posted above was very similar to another post I wrote that which now works flawlessly. This leads me to believe the problem is on my side and not CoDeSys. If you'd like, you may delete this thread.

Thank You,
    Vadim B.