Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

OPC Help needed please

lozzer65
2017-05-28
2017-05-29
  • lozzer65 - 2017-05-28

I have a RPI 3 with codesys on it and a Siemens S7-315 with a 343 lean 1 ethernet card on it. Have a small program in the S7-315 that is written and loaded with simatic manager. I want to use the RPI 3 that has a 7" touch screen on it, as a HMI. I need to be able to control bits in the PLC from the HMI and display variables from the plc on the HMI.

I think the data should be transferred back and forward using OPC, but have no idea how to set this up. Could someone point me in the direction of a step by step guide, showing how to setup each end of the connection, and test. I have been playing for almost 2 weeks now but no progress atall, so need some help if possible.

• petergrote - 2017-05-29

Hi lozzer65,

If you want to use OPC, use Kepware OPC Server and 2 drivers. Either OPC Connectivity Suite (UA-Client for PRi3) or Codesys Driver (6.2 Codesys support Codesys 3,x) and Siemens Suite, when you will be able to have data to/from both devices. You can then link them together using Advanced Tags or LinkMaster. Theis solutions could be it. Please le me know if I can assist you further on.

Best Regards,

Peter Grote

lozzer65 hat geschrieben:
    I have a RPI 3 with codesys on it and a Siemens S7-315 with a 343 lean 1 ethernet card on it. Have a small program in the S7-315 that is written and loaded with simatic manager. I want to use the RPI 3 that has a 7" touch screen on it, as a HMI. I need to be able to control bits in the PLC from the HMI and display variables from the plc on the HMI.
    I think the data should be transferred back and forward using OPC, but have no idea how to set this up. Could someone point me in the direction of a step by step guide, showing how to setup each end of the connection, and test. I have been playing for almost 2 weeks now but no progress atall, so need some help if possible.

• lozzer65 - 2017-05-29

Hi Peter

Thank you for your reply to my question.

When you say if I want to use OPC, is there a different method that I have missed to transfer data to/from the s7-315. I just want the easiest method over ethernet so that I can turn the RPI 3 with screen into a low cost HMI.

Thanks lozzer65