Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Changing Parameter Of Remote Adapter

vitovt1877
2017-02-13
2017-02-14
  • vitovt1877 - 2017-02-13

Hi! If you open remote adapter (in my case I have Ethernet/IP adapter) in watch window we see all kinds of parameters.

I recognize first 5 of them, but I don't understand idea behind presenting the rest of them. They all have prefix "_" in front of them. Can I change them from program or not? What the purpose of them under RemoteAdapter?
    I am interested particularly in udiIPAddress under _strTCPIPConfiguration.

If I select this parameter and use Copy from context menu I am getting expression Device.Application.IoConfig_Globals.AB_PLC._cipTCPIPInterface._strTCPIPConfiguration.udiIPAddress. AB_PLC is my remote adapter that I have in Devices tree. I can easily force this parameter to another value when I am online and it keeps this value after I remove force.

If I try to use something like this "AB_PLC._cipTCPIPInterface._strTCPIPConfiguration.udiIPAddress:=16#C0A8020C;" in my program it gives me compile errors
    C0037: '_cipTCPIPInterface' is no input of 'RemoteAdapter'
    C0037: '_strTCPIPConfiguration' is no input of 'TCPIP_Interface'
    What am I doing wrong?
    My guess was, if I could easily change/force parameter online from Codesys then I could change it also from program during run time. How to access these parameters correctly?

Thank you!
    Vitali

IMG: Capture10.PNG

IMG: Capture11.PNG

IMG: Capture12.PNG

IMG: Capture13.PNG

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-02-13

Hi Vitali,
    this is not implemented but will come to 3.5SP11 release (mid of July)

BR
    Edwin

• vitovt1877 - 2017-02-14

Edwin,

Thank you for reply!
    Can't wait... You can count on me if you need beta testers.

Vitali