Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Beckhoff Stepper Motor Driver Support (EL7031)

2016-11-19
2020-08-07
  • chris.beard - 2016-11-19

Hello,

Does anyone know if Codesys 3 supports Beckhoff EL7031 stepper motor driver slices?

I heard that it may be supported in the next Service pack?

If no, has anyone managed to work out how to make one work just using the EtherCat mapping?

Thanks

• cvigier - 2016-11-21

Hello,

Yes it is supported by Codesys. You just have to add the "xml" device description file provided by Beckhoff on it website.

After that, you'll be able to work with the variables of the driver directly into codesys.

Cedric

• chris.beard - 2016-11-24

cvigier hat geschrieben:
    Hello,
    Yes it is supported by Codesys. You just have to add the "xml" device description file provided by Beckhoff on it website.
    After that, you'll be able to work with the variables of the driver directly into codesys.
    Cedric

Hi Cedric, thanks for the response, I had done that but do you know what variable to link so for example I can move the axis via a MC-MOVEABSOLUTE or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-11-26

Hi,
    for using this device with SoftMotion and These MC_Move... FB's a SofMotion drivers is needed.
    Not really clear if and when it will be released.

BR
    Edwin

• longfinger65

longfinger65 - 2020-08-07

Hi Edwin,

now that the driver for el7031 is released how can I map the counter of an el5151 to it?

thanks, Ralf

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2020-08-07

for me not clear, what do you want exactly, that the EL7031 follow a EL5151 counter?
        I would map EL5151 to an econder Axis and the use MC_Gear to the 7031 axis...

Best Regards
        Edwin

• chris.beard - 2016-11-29

OK is there another way of moving steppers using just the variables?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk