Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Z-wave?

2016-03-14
2016-12-27
  • urbanlarsson - 2016-03-14

Are there any solution to get the Pi and CoDeSys to work with Z-Wave hardware?

/U

• syoma - 2016-03-16

Hi there. I'm evaluating several options for this. Not only z-wave but also enOcean etc.
    The easiest way looks like using MQTT protocol. E.g. Codesys should act like MQTT Cient, publishing and subscribing messages on some MQTT Broker.
    Then you use standard home automation software like OpenHAB or NodeRed as z-Wave<->MQTT Gateway.

The z-wave<-> MQTT Gateway works quite well already - I'm using OpenHAB for this.

But Codesys<->MQTT realization requires some work - available library from OSCAT has no subscribe capability, so it can only send data in one direction.

• syoma - 2016-03-16

Another option could be Z-Wave <-> Node-Red <-> Modbus TCP <-> Codesys.

It looks like everything is available for this, but some evaluation is required.

Also HTTP requests would work. The problem is latency - since Modbus TCP and HTTP requires polling, it will be seen as latency when reacting on some z-wave status change.

• syoma - 2016-03-20

For connection of NodeRed to Codesys it should be possible to use OPC UA instead of Modbus TCP. I'm going to check this soon

• m-c - 2016-03-21

syoma hat geschrieben:
    Hi there. I'm evaluating several options for this. Not only z-wave but also enOcean etc.
    The easiest way looks like using MQTT protocol. E.g. Codesys should act like MQTT Cient, publishing and subscribing messages on some MQTT Broker.
    Then you use standard home automation software like OpenHAB or NodeRed as z-Wave<->MQTT Gateway.
    The z-wave<-> MQTT Gateway works quite well already - I'm using OpenHAB for this.
    But Codesys<->MQTT realization requires some work - available library from OSCAT has no subscribe capability, so it can only send data in one direction.

Hi,
    I see you mention EnOcean. I have been trying to figure out how to get EnOcean (for switches) working on CodeSys V3 for Pi.
    See also my post here, l viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6764 l .

Do you have any ideas on correct libraries for EnOcean modules?

Thanks,
    Michael

• syoma - 2016-03-30

The Idea is to bind home automation protocols to one of the industry protocol, used in Codesys.
    This is most easily accomplished using one of the IoT Integration platforms, like OpenHAB or NodeRed. Then you will be able to communicate with any home protocol.
    For example both OpenHAB and Nodered support enOcean just like z-wave. So approach would be absolutely the same.

The only problem is to select this industry protocol. The only one, which is widely used in both applications - is Modbus TCP. But it is very unflexible and slow.

• syoma - 2016-04-01

Therefore I'm looking into OPC UA, because this is supported by Node RED.

• urbanlarsson - 2016-12-27

Bumping this thread.

Are there any updates on this topic?

/U

• urbanlarsson - 2016-12-27

Me again....

is it possible to use this expansioncard from within codesys on a pi?

http://razberry.z-wave.me/ m