Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Raspberry Pi 3

2016-02-29
2017-06-15
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Yiannis - 2016-04-25

Dear Edwin

We also have the same problem of not reading the digital Inputs of RPI 3. We can turn on-off digital Outputs without a problem.
    Is this a package problem? We tried with v3.5.8.10. Do you have any suggestions?

BR

• Bereggergo - 2016-04-25

Guys, where can I download this emild raspberian?
    What I found is completely doing nothing for me.
    Thanks,
    Gergo

• Bereggergo - 2016-04-25

Hello,
    Finally I found that Emild image, I installed it and still the same: the inputs are not working. Even if I update the raspbian. How you made it?

One more thing: in the Raspberry PI 3 either the OPC-UA is not working for me. Anybody has the same or maybe the opposite experience?

BR,
    Gergo

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-04-27

Hi,

One more thing: in the Raspberry PI 3 either the OPC-UA is not working for me. Anybody has the same or maybe the opposite experience?

In my case it works even with PI3

BR
    Edwin

IMG: OPCUA_PI3.jpg

• Bereggergo - 2016-05-02

Hello Edwin,

Yes, you are right! Definitely I did something wrong. I just tried it again and it's working. The same projects I opened, so I don't know what could be the problem, but now it's okay.

Thank you anyway!
    Gergo

• Yiannis - 2016-05-04

Hello again Edwin,
    unfortunatelly our experience with Pi3 is that when we enable the Gpio, we get no inputs reading and OPC communication is lost.
    In your example in the hardware configuration there is no gpio device. (it shows Empty_Leer).
    We use latest raspbian jessie image and latest Codesys package.

I would appreciate some help on this issue.

Best regards,

Yiannis

• marians - 2016-05-12

Hello,

some good news on Pi3 and GPIO inputs ? At this time GPIO not working ...nothing not helping .
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Marian.

• marcys - 2016-05-27

Hello,

What is the status with not working inputs for raspberry PI 3? Is there any workaround?

Marcys.

• olteanu-eu - 2016-06-01

i tested and work fine

• marcys - 2016-06-01

Hi olteanu_eu,

Did You test inputs? A few days before Mr Edwin from CodeSys wrote the there is problem w PI 3

regards,
    Marcys

• RodneyC - 2016-06-10

Just curious if this input issue has been fixed yet or is in the process at least? I'm planning a prototype project that would require webvisu over wifi and the pi3 seems the best option for me right now.

Also, has anyone tested modbus, spi and i2c functionality for the pi3?

Thanks in advance!

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-06-10

Hi,
    in progress this will come for sure I would use PI3 for it. Rumors ->3.5SP9Patchx (x means 1 or 2)
    You could use already Modbus/SPI/I2C all ethernt based fieldbus!

BR
    Edwin

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-06-13

Hi,
    for everyone who is waiting for the PI3 GPIO input bugfix,
    The release will come with the 3.5SP9Patch1 Version which will be available around 21.7.

BR
    Edwin

• RodneyC - 2016-06-13

Thanks for the quick update, Edwin!

• RodneyC - 2016-08-04

Just in case people were still waiting,

The codesys for raspberry pi package has been updated to 3.5.9.10

I have not test GPIO input yet.

• MattiasFL - 2016-08-04

RodneyC hat geschrieben:
    Just in case people were still waiting,
    The codesys for raspberry pi package has been updated to 3.5..10
    I have not test GPIO input yet.

I have tested it and it works fine. Good luck with your projects.

BR
    Mattias

• allen00se - 2016-09-20

So maybe I am missing something, but on my Raspberry PI 3 with codesys I only have 12 GPIO's listed in the GPIO config. It is almost like Codesys sees this as a RPI2.

The outputs that are listed work, its just not listing all of the available GPIO's.

Thanks in advance.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-09-21

Hi,
    12....'plug device'...?!

Sure the ones which are used for SPI / I2C are not listed.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: PlugDevice.jpg

• Kinjo - 2016-11-17

Thank you for posting on Community.

What is the make and model of your computer?
    Have you installed latest updated drivers?
    The Blue Screen error usually occurs when a serious problem causes the computer to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This type of errors usually happens when there are some driver issues on the computer. However, it might also be due to some other software/hardware reasons.
    In this case, the System Thread Exception Not Handled error seems to be due to the incompatible or old graphics card drivers on the computer.

In order to fix this issue, the computer must be restarted in safe mode. Once after booting the computer in Safe Mode, you have to uninstall the incompatible graphics card driver from the Device Manager and then download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Method 1: Boot the computer in Safe Mode
    Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Step 1: Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    Step 2: Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings.

You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):
    Method 2: Update drivers.

Step 1: Press Windows key + X key and click on Device manager.
    Step 2: Search for Display Adapters.
    Step 3: Right-click on the graphics card and click on Update driver software.
    You may also download and install the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    Following is an Article on Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) 0x0000007e:
    How To Fix SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED – 0x0000007E ?

• aso3964 - 2016-11-18

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    12....'plug device'...?!
    Sure the ones which are used for SPI / I2C are not listed.
    BR
    Edwin

Dear Edwin

RASPI 3 B has 26 GPIO, and I'm using Codesys version 3.5.9.20
    In the GPIO configuration one only has the option for PI2.
    Are not all GPIOS available in this version of Codesys or do I have to configure something to which these GPIOs can be used?

Sergio

• allen00se - 2016-11-28

aso3964 hat geschrieben:
    Dear Edwin
    RASPI 3 B has 26 GPIO, and I'm using Codesys version 3.5.9.20
    In the GPIO configuration one only has the option for PI2.
    Are not all GPIOS available in this version of Codesys or do I have to configure something to which these GPIOs can be used?
    Sergio

Sergio,
    This is a problem I have been trying to get help with for a while and either they don't understand or don't care to help. Here is a thread where I described the problem and some steps I took to try and fix it myself, though I never got it to work.

l viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7053 l

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-11-28

Hi allen00se,

not really fair to state we do not want to help on this issue this is for sure not the case.
    Maybe we really not understand what you really say... but if you compare these available in/out in CODESYS,
    with the schematics I could only repeat my statement which I gave at least 5 times.
    We offer all GPIO's which are not bound/connected to a predifined function like SPI/I2C/SERIAL COM.
    Would you please agree that this is true or not?

BR
    Edwin

IMG: GPIOs_inCODESYS.jpg

• aso3964 - 2016-11-28

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi allen00se,
    not really fair to state we do not want to help on this issue this is for sure not the case.
    Maybe we really not understand what you really say... but if you compare these available in/out in CODESYS,
    with the schematics I could only repeat my statement which I gave at least 5 times.
    We offer all GPIO's which are not bound/connected to a predifined function like SPI/I2C/SERIAL COM.
    Would you please agree that this is true or not?
    BR
    Edwin

Edwin

It has now become clear that we can only use GPIOs that only have the I/O function.
    If my project needs to use some of the GPIOs that have other functions, can it be done by changing some configuration or seek to increase the number of I/Os with other hardware?

Sergio

• karljboe - 2017-06-15

Hi, i am using a raspberry pi 3 and codesys developing a machine control here at work
    recently i have lost control all together off all gpio's from codesys, but are still able to operate them from console using basic gpio commands

codesys is latest version, and rpi is also latest version 3.5.10.20
    what can cause this?

Best regards
    Karl

IMG: Capture.PNG

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)