Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

I'm not able to install RPI packege to CodeSys

mbruck
2014-03-12
2015-10-09
  • mbruck - 2014-03-12

Hi!

Following first post from this forum I had try to download RPI package for SD card.
    The system ask me to login. Since I have no account I try to create one, BUT there is no my country listed (Bosnia and Hercegowine). So I had to lie that I'm from Germany. That's hit the goal, and I got the login access. I'm the German now ! Cheap and easy green card! LOL. But it would be nice from CodeSys to include my country too. (I noticed also that more country from this area also not included )

I had downloaded CODESYS_Control_for_Raspberry_PI.zip. According to instructions in pdf file

"2. Install the included package file inside CODESYS (Menu Tools -> Package Manager -> Install)."

Since I installed CodeSys maybe two month before, package manager give me error that my installer is old. My version is 3.5.3.40, but it's need at least 3.5.4.40. I try to hit button "search for updates" but it seam's that is not function to update installer.

Since I'm to lazy to reinstall whole CodeSys (my download speed is very slow), is there way to update package installer only?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-03-13

Hi,

sorry for the inconvenience, this seems to be a bug in the store Software,
    we'll fix that a.s.a.p !

Using the Pi with an older Version:
    You need to update at least to V3.5.4.0 Version or better to the current Version.
    Even if the install would be possible this does not solve the fact that you'll miss then some
    libraries (from 3.5.4.0 Version) so you need really update your CODESYS Version.

BR
    E.Schwellinger

• tbanasiak - 2015-10-08

Hello,

I am having a similar issue:

When trying to Install the Codesys Asteroids package, I am told that the package requires at least installer version 3.5.6.0. The current installer version is 3.5.4.20. Can I achieve the 3.5.6.0 installer in any way? Is there a work-around for something like this?

Thank you!

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2015-10-09

Hi,
    there is not really a Workaround than keep your CODESYS developmentsystem up to date.
    Current Version is 3.5.7.20 and you could download it here:

http://store.codesys.com/engineering/codesys.html

BR
    Edwin