Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Test Manager continuous loop

Malcolm
2014-03-11
2014-03-11
  • Malcolm - 2014-03-11

Hi,

is it possible to create a testscript which runs mores than ones? I need a testrun with a lot cycles.

Regards,
    Malcolm

• Anonymous - 2014-03-11

Originally created by: M.Schaber

Hi, Malcolm,

Malcolm hat geschrieben:
    is it possible to create a testscript which runs mores than ones? I need a testrun with a lot cycles.

Right now, TestScripts do not yet allow loops. We have some plans to implement this eventually, but it is not scheduled yet.

Depending on the usage scenario, there are several possible workarounds which may apply to your situation:

If none of those ideas fits your scenario, maybe you could give us some more details and we will try to find a solution. (If you don't want to give those details in public, you can contact our support department.)

• Malcolm - 2014-03-11

Thanks for the detailed answer.

In my case, using the Python Scripting would be the best solution. Unfortunately I never worked with the Python Scripting and I haven't any idea so far how to realize this.

Regards,
    Malcolm

• mkeller - 2014-03-11

Hi.

Malcolm hat geschrieben:
    In my case, using the Python Scripting would be the best solution. Unfortunately I never worked with the Python Scripting and I haven't any idea so far how to realize this.

You can find four examples at the bottom of "Concepts and Base Components"/"Script Language" in the online help. Also the forum Script language Python in CODESYS V3 contains some examples.

You find the documentation (ScriptEngine.chm) of the scripting interface in the sub directory "Online Help" of CODESYS.

Regards,
    Martin

• Malcolm - 2014-03-11

Hi Martin,

thanks for your help. Where can I find the the "projects."-object for the basicfunctions of the projectmanagement?

Regards,
    Malcolm

• mkeller - 2014-03-11

Hi.

Malcolm hat geschrieben:
    Where can I find the the "projects."-object for the basicfunctions of the projectmanagement?

"projects" is an instance which is already present in the scope of the script engine. It's one of the entry points which are mentioned on the same page as the examples in the online help. The list isn't up-to-date but all required enumerations are also available.

BR,
    Martin