Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Stucked on download [edit]

FAn
2014-10-20
2014-10-28
  • FAn - 2014-10-20

I need help with the attached message. When I compile I receive no errors but when I download I get this error and the plc goes into stop mode (must be reset).
    I have an older backup with basically just some logic changes (same libraries, same hw config) and it doesn't happen. Is the project corrupted or what can be? And how can I solve it?
    System is ABB 500.

Now I don't get this error so often anymore new one is explained below...

IMG: Error1.jpg

• Anonymous - 2014-10-20

Originally created by: scott_cunningham

I had similar errors with a different brand of device (compiled fine but had errors like "get bus state" etc unknown). Turned out that the iPC's NIC driver was still the Intel driver and not the CoDeSys NIC driver. In that case, my code indirectly was calling these functions that didn't exist in the target system until I installed the correct iPC NIC driver. In your case, maybe the target device or revision was somehow changed in your project? Also make sure all of the needed libraries are still selected. Do you have a project compare (screenshot shows the v2.3 CoDeSys platform and I don't remember if project compare existed).

• FAn - 2014-10-25

If I start from a backup where I can go online and I do just some logic changes then I'm able to download without problems.

But If I start making some bigger changes I'm not able to download. I try online change and it gets stucked on "downloading all, 0 of xxxx bytes" and after a long time it goes to communication timeout and nothing is downloaded and plc is still running.
    I get the same problem if I download not with online change.
    When it compiles it shows that the memory usage is not so high (maybe around 20%) but I have the feeling that after downloading several times the memory is full. Isn't there a way to clear it or compress it? I haven't found anything in plc broswer. Or what else can it be?

It's gonna be a really major problem soon if I can't download any changes and I'm on site so time is short... Any help is very welcome.

• shooter - 2014-10-28

The message means that probably a program (can be anything a function, a FB, )wants to load a extra POU, but can not be found. check if you have them, they can be in a library that is not found or not loaded. Check if program is on correct directories.