Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

adding PG (Paramter Group) under CAN-J1939 and adding Information object under IEC60870 protocol

hhz
2017-06-08
2017-06-13
  • hhz - 2017-06-08

Hi support Team,

I am try to add PG under CAN-J1939 and Information Objects under IEC 60870 protocol by using Scriping. It is possible with SP9 or SP10? When yes, can you provide some example ?

Thanks a lot!

• mkeller - 2017-06-08

Hi hhz.

hhz hat geschrieben:
    I am try to add PG under CAN-J1939 and Information Objects under IEC 60870 protocol by using Scriping. It is possible with SP9 or SP10? When yes, can you provide some example ?

For the first part the Parameter Groups and Signals are stored as device parameter and data elements of the device object. See my post in an other thread.

I am not familiar with the second part. What are "Information Objects"?

BR
    Martin

• hhz - 2017-06-13

Hi Martin,

as my understanding, the Infor. object can be also named as Data-point. In CoDeSys, they can be configured in this way, as shown in attached jpg "Informationobject.jpg".

IMG: Informationobject.jpg

• mkeller - 2017-06-13

Hi hhz.

hhz hat geschrieben:
    Hi Martin,
    as my understanding, the Infor. object can be also named as Data-point. In CoDeSys, they can be configured in this way, as shown in attached jpg.

If the information objects are stored as device parameters and data elements you can add them through Scripting.

Try the following steps:
    - Active the generic device configuration views through the Options dialog, see screenshot
    - Open the device editor
    - Check if the generic view for device parameters is present
    - Add an information object
    - Check if there are any new entries in the device parameters and check if they match the new information object

BR
    Martin

IMG: CDS_DeviceEditor_ShowGenericViews.PNG

• hhz - 2017-06-13

Hi Martin,

I have do setting as your step-description. An read all the device parameters through Script. (see following jpg. The Detail message can be found in IEC.txt. in point 4.0) There are no new entry found.

BR.
    hhz

IMG: IEC.jpg

IEC.txt [11.94 KiB]

• mkeller - 2017-06-13

Hi hhz.

hhz hat geschrieben:
    I have do setting as your step-description. An read all the device parameters through Script. (see following jpg. The Detail message can be found in IEC.txt. in point 4.0) There are no new entry found.

Check the tab "Control station Parameters" of the device editor for any entries.

I can only guess but there are two parameters (29 and 30) which are related to the Information objects. Are you also printing the data elements, which are below a device parameters, in your python script?

BR
    Martin