Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

copy online parameters to offline parameters

Anonymous
2017-01-31
2017-05-31
  • Anonymous - 2017-01-31

Originally created by: KevinR

Dear Community,

can I copy all online parameters to the offline parameters with a python script?

This will give me the opportunity to save the current online configuration values to my offline project file.

Visual concept:

Thank you in advance

Regards,
    Kevin

IMG: Python.png

• mkeller - 2017-02-01

Hi Kevin.

KevinR hat geschrieben:
    can I copy all online parameters to the offline parameters with a python script?

A device parameter or data element in Scripting has the property "can_access_online" so you can check if it supports the online mode. If it is supported you can read the current value with the method "read_online_value(...)". If a timeout of 1000ms is enough to read the value from the PLC you can use the method without specifing that parameter.

Here some untested code:

if data.can_access_online:
    Β  Β val = data.read_online_value()
    Β  Β data.value = val

I also added a simple python script which prints the parameter tree to the Message view and change the value of one parameter.

BR
    Martin

device_show_and_change_parameters.py [1.65 KiB]

• Anonymous - 2017-03-01

Originally created by: Steffen_R.

Hi Martin,
    i tried running the script but it does not work correctly. The attached picture shows the error. I think it is line 15 in the script.

Thank you

Steffen

IMG: Fehler.PNG

• Anonymous - 2017-03-02

Originally created by: Steffen_R.

Perfect!!
    Thank you very much... That helps me

Steffen

• Anonymous - 2017-05-31

Originally created by: KevinR

Hi Martin,

I'm still looking for a solution, to get this to work.

First of all - Thank you for updating the example. The example still doesn't work for me, during I'm in the online mode.

I stay in contact with one of your colleague, who has also added the issue to jira (CDS-54028).
    It seems like there is a problem with "read_online_value".

This functionality has a very high importance for us. So maybe there are also some other customers who have this requirement.

Thank you in advance.

BR
    KevinR