Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

BERGHOF plc + Codesys OPC = Not working?

Anonymous
2016-11-01
2016-11-10
  • Anonymous - 2016-11-01

Originally created by: StefanGr

Hi, i have this Berghof ecc2250 PLC (not beckhof), and its programmed with Codesys V3.5 SP 9 Patch 3.
    I am fairly new to codesys, and i cannot find where to setup the opc settings, if there are any.
    All other PLC:s i have been using have its seperate OPC settings somewhere to be found.

I have a Kentima HMI Panel which has Windows 7 Embedded, and Kepware comes preinstalled on it.
    I cannot find any opc on the Berghof, neither from the HMI Panel, nor from my own computer using tools like MatrikonOPC Analyzer.

The Berghof PLC: http://www.berghof-automation.com/en/co ... ontroller/ m

• Kim - 2016-11-01

Since Kepware has an ongoing market evaluation regarding the need for a Codesys driver I don't think you can talk directly to Codesys from it. To help push for a driver, please fill in and submit this form on their homepage:
    https://info.kepware.com/codesys-driver-evaluation

As to your question, I think you will need to use the Codesys OPC Server. The OPC is free of charge and comes with Codesys Developer, maybe you can install it on the Kentima even.

Either way you probably need to add a Symbol Configuration to your Codesys application in the Berghof PLC to be able to choose what variables you want to expose to the outside world.

• petergrote - 2016-11-07

Hello StefanGr

Maybe try to Modbus TCP on the controller and see you are able to connect from the HMI Panel useing the Modbus Driver inside Kepware.

Another way maybe using OPC UA Client driver on the Kepware, but the you need at setup the Controller as an OPC UA Server, if this is support by your controller (Codesys)

BR
    Peter Grote

StefanGr hat geschrieben:
    Hi, i have this Berghof ecc2250 PLC (not beckhof), and its programmed with Codesys V3.5 SP 9 Patch 3.
    I am fairly new to codesys, and i cannot find where to setup the opc settings, if there are any.
    All other PLC:s i have been using have its seperate OPC settings somewhere to be found.
    I have a Kentima HMI Panel which has Windows 7 Embedded, and Kepware comes preinstalled on it.
    I cannot find any opc on the Berghof, neither from the HMI Panel, nor from my own computer using tools like MatrikonOPC Analyzer.
    The Berghof PLC: http://www.berghof-automation.com/en/co ... ontroller/

• Anonymous - 2016-11-10

Originally created by: StefanGr

Hi.

I have got OPC-DA working, to the PLC, with my computer, and can browse the tags.
    However, the Panel HMI I am using (Kentima), does not seem to be able to install the OPC Server.

The Panel is a windows 7 embedded.

Here is when i start the V3.5 SP9, Patch 3 installer
    1.png

And when i modify the installation here i would expect an opc server option

IMG: 1.png

IMG: 2.png