Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CoDeSys OPC / OPC Client showing bad data

2015-01-27
2015-02-02
  • ryanbinkley - 2015-01-27

Hello,

I'm having some difficulty with OPC Server V2.3 sending tags from an ELAU C600 PacDrive.

We are currently running the application in a VMWare Windows XP stand-alone environment. We are trying to move it to a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit OS. CoDeSys OPC is configured to point to the ELAU via Tcp/Ip and is starting the EPAS-4 Gateway server with no apparent problems.

Through the EPAS-4 Gateway Server: Inspector I can see that the IP is "active" and blocks are accumulating with "100% Quality." I can use the built in Diagnostic OPC Client and connect to CoDeSys.OPC.02 and Read and Write tags, but I can NOT get any time-stamped, real-time data using the "Advise Data" feature. I have also tried installing MatrikonOPC Explorer and it finds the tags but also shows BAD quality.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    Ryan

• ryanbinkley - 2015-02-02

An update for anyone having this issue:

Running the OPC Server in compatibility mode fixes the problem. We are currently attempting to configure CoDeSys OPC V3.5.5.0 to run natively but the clients are not detecting any OPC Servers installed on the machine.