Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

CPU Pegged to 100% When Starting V3.5.8

ndzied1
2016-12-20
2016-12-21
  • ndzied1 - 2016-12-20

Hi all,

I have been running CoDeSys 3.5.8 in a 32 bit Windows 7 Pro Virtual Machine (Windows 8.1 Host) for over a month without problems.

Suddenly, yesterday when I start CoDeSys it is taking forever to load. Looking at task manager I see my CPU usage is pegged at 100% shortly after the program starts up and pretty much stays there.

I tried upping the memory allocated to the VM but that didn't help. I have free space in the VM's hard drive. I didin't make any other changes to my system.

Has anyone every experienced this?

[Edit] I noticed at the bottom of the CoDeSys screen it says "Searching dependencies"

Thanks.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-12-20

Hi,
    if you are working in simulation this is a known bug,
    if you have the chance to update to 3.5SP10 Version this will be solved.

BR
    Edwin

• ndzied1 - 2016-12-21

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    if you are working in simulation this is a known bug,
    if you have the chance to update to 3.5SP10 Version this will be solved.
    BR
    Edwin

Thanks Edwin. I'm using the Eaton version and the latest they have on download 3.5.8 Bugfix 2.

Is there a way, maybe with a startup switch, to force CoDeSys to start out of simulation mode or to reset it so that it will start.

I have installed another copy on my host system but just wondering if it would be possible to get the other one back up running?

Thanks,
    nOrM

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2016-12-21

Hi nOrM,

yes rename: SimulationRts.cfg in the Common directory of CODESYS
    This will solve it.

BR
    Edwin