Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

HMI Update is slow

Anonymous
2016-11-17
2016-11-18
  • Anonymous - 2016-11-17

Originally created by: barkamharikrishna

Hi everyone
    can anyone give Suggestion for the below Problem

I am working with following things on one of my Controller.
    1. canbus layer 2
    2.creating .csv files.
    3. Read/right data to the .csv files.
    4. Deleting .csv files when memory exceeds more than 10 MB ( in FIFO order)
    5. Also Access a Excel file data to in to my code through Array of strings ( no of lines of data in Excel file is approx 1500 lines )
    6. Opening Directory and reading file names .
    7. Opening USB Directory and copying files from USB TO my Controllers
    8. Deleting files on the Controller.
    9. And my logic works on more on data structures ,Array of string ,if condn , for Loops

Now my Problem is if iam online with my Controller and do some Operation
    example : selection of file Name is done by pressing up and down arrow on the Controller ( hard buttons integrated on the Controller) the update is see on the my code (online Status )immediately. But the update ( the selected file active Status )on the Controller is jet lag approx 1~ 3 sec .

The Controller is on Linux OS and top of that codesys is running . codesys Version 3.5.8.0 I am using .
    Now my question is how to make my Controller Response faster, any Suggestion please ... This is really a big Problem to me now ,complete development is done but the System Responses very slow ..

Many Thanks in Advance

• Lo5tNet - 2016-11-18

It sounds like you are tying up the resources with your main task and not allowing the visu task to run. See what the task configuration shows under the monitor. Also look into doing processes asynchronously if you aren't already doing so. You can try removing certain aspects and seeing if your response gets better and that might help lead you in the right direction.

That would be my first guess without knowing more.

• Anonymous - 2016-11-18

Originally created by: barkamharikrishna

Hi
    firstly many thanks for the reply.
    1. It sounds like you are tying up the resources with your main task and not allowing the visu task to run.(this Point is valid , so how to resolve this )

2.Also look into doing processes asynchronously if you aren't already doing so. (can please tell me where to Change processes to asynchronously....)
    Many thanks in advance

IMG: Task.JPG

• Lo5tNet - 2016-11-18

If you have any while loops I would find a way to remove them. It really comes down to allowing tasks to keep cycling.

A good example of interfacing with files in a asynchronous way can be found under help -> libraries -> system libraries -> '' -> CAA_File.library -> file - standard. You will see when running this it never stays in one spot for long. Instead it cycles through the steps each time the task is run so that it never ties up other parts of the project. It may take a little longer to complete the item at hand but you don't notice a decrease in performance while this is happening.

You can do a lot of things with tasks also to improve on this and it might help to read more of the help files.