Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

transfer user authentication to another Application

Anonymous
2016-10-10
2020-11-04
  • Anonymous - 2016-10-10

Originally created by: KevinR

Dear Community,

is it possible to transfer codesys integrated user sessions between several applications?

Thank you in advance.

• popipe - 2020-11-02

Hello,

I up this thread because I do have the same problem.

Thank you in advance.
    P

• Morberis

Morberis - 2020-11-03

Yes this is possible.

I'm looking at the Visualization Manager in the User Management Tab. At the bottom is an option for remote user management and I can select one of the other devices that has user management configured. Here is the link to the relevant Codesys Help page for that.

I'm not sure what you would have to do if the devices were from multiple projects. If they are both still Codesys it seems that setting up a data source manager and data source to 1 primary device might do it... I did have a surprise when after I set that up between 2 PLC's that had the same usernames and passwords that now logging in on 1 would also log you in on the other. That happened without sharing anything specific to the user management.

I'm not sure how well that works with multiple applications on the same device.

Last edit: Morberis 2020-11-03
  • popipe - 2020-11-03

Thank you a lot for your answer. I cannot find "Use remote user management" in the 'Visualization Manager’ -β€˜User Management' tab in my e!cokpit software (Wago's version of Codesys). I'll try on Codesys software as soon as possible.

Edit : My mistake, I found it both on e!cockpit(wago) and codesys. I'll try that right away tomorrow morning (writing from france), and I'll keep you advised.

Last edit: popipe 2020-11-03
  • popipe - 2020-11-04

I tried this morning and it did not work.

I actually did two things :
    1) I tried to create a "default groups and users" in both PLCs and choose one as a Master for athentication. When I choose "Use remote user managment" on the salve, the software gives me right away an error : "Using of a remote user management is not supported for datasources.". Then i choose the Master PLC in the list and try to compile anyway. The previous error disappeared but new ones appear : "C0077 : Unknown type: VisuUserManagment.VisuUserMgmtProxy". Do you know why ?
    2) Second try is exactly the same from the first, except that I only create a "default groups and users" on the Master PLC and not on the slave. I do get the error about datasources but when i compile anyway after selecting the master in the salve PLC, I do not get any error in the end. Nevertheless, it does get working on the visualisation. Authentication does not tranfer from one plc to the other when navigation from one visu to the other.

Do you have any clue of how solving this ?