Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

ERROR: Variable is not authorized?

spfeif
2011-08-16
2011-08-17
  • spfeif - 2011-08-16

I have a standard program with two FB calls to two standard FB TOF and BLINK. The program has compiled before but I added a few more FB to the program and now I have the following error (see below):

------ Build all started ------
    ------ Build started: Application: MyController.Application -------
    typify code ...
    [ERROR] 5381xxxx_MJM100ME_CPU1_V100: Main_PRG(Line 5 (Decl)): Use of "ResetAuto" variable (TOF type) is not authorized with the current type of device.
    [ERROR] 5381xxxx_MJM100ME_CPU1_V100: Main_PRG(Line 6 (Decl)): Use of "MyBlinker" variable (BLINK type) is not authorized with the current type of device.
    [WARNING] 5381xxxx_MJM100ME_CPU1_V100: Steer_PRG(Network 15 / Operand 'gq_sStrLRSpdTrg' (Impl)): Implicit conversion from unsigned Type 'WORD' to signed Type 'INT' : possible change of sign
    [WARNING] 5381xxxx_MJM100ME_CPU1_V100: Steer_PRG(Network 17 / Operand 'gq_sStrLRSpdTrg' (Impl)): Implicit conversion from unsigned Type 'WORD' to signed Type 'INT' : possible change of sign
    Compile complete -- 2 errors, 2 warnings
    Build complete -- 2 errors, 2 warnings : no download possible!
    ------ Build all completed 2 errors 2 warnings ------

The Util and Standard libraries are referenced in the project but the error is very strange. Does anyone know of this error or a list of error messages and possible remedies and where to locate?

Thanks

• TimvH

TimvH - 2011-08-17

It might be related to the device description files. What happens when you update the device and choose the CoDeSys Control Win as PLC. Does it still give these error messages?
    Which CoDeSys version do you use?

• spfeif - 2011-08-17

V3 of CoDeSys. It is strange because it did compile earlier and all it is is standard FB. There is something that I believe got locked up. I took the TOF and Blink block out of the main program and hid them into another FB and everything is fine. I want to know what this fault is and is there a fault list with descriptions. This is being used with a Schneider M258 PLC but I have been using them for some time and this is a new incident. I have used this same situation countless amounts of times. I think the error message is misleading and not related to the "Device" at all.