Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Operators in Ladder Logic

jrodriguez
2016-04-25
2016-05-08
  • jrodriguez - 2016-04-25

I am working in V2.3
    I want to insert an operator such as MUL, MOVE or DIV in a ladder logic program.

If I insert a Function Block it opens the input assistant but the operators donΒ΄t appear. When I hit F2 in the block then the Input assistant appears but this way the operators do appear.

Can you help me to find out what is wrong? I would like the operators to be available when I select the Function Block button since this way is more intuitive for a beginner.

Thanks

• Anonymous - 2016-04-27

Originally created by: scott_cunningham

You can also insert a blank box and just type in ADD, SUB, MUL, etc

• shooter - 2016-04-27

use box with enable, gives you more possibilities

• shooter - 2016-04-27

and F2 is dependant of where the cursor is highlighted.
    so you need to click on the ADD to see what is possible.
    In Ladder the topline MUST be a TRUE/FALSE and the result also.
    however it is possible to use analog values in lower lines. it is NOT possible to put more functions in a line.
    For this FBC is a lot better. just try it.
    You may use a function block in ladder and put all the needed calcs into a FB.
    next step is CFC, when used once (it looks like labview) you will like it.

in between is also ST, however function blocks are not easy in ST.

• Anonymous - 2016-05-01

Originally created by: scott_cunningham

Good tips, Shooter! Also F2 can insert an FB into ST with all of the arguments. Some of us who grew up programming PCs instead of PLCs find ST way easier than LD/FBD. Just a different flow thought!

• shooter - 2016-05-08

ST with these function blocks , yes i do use it however when there are many vars i loose the proper thinking.
    with CFC it is a lot easier to keep the overview.