Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

A Ruihua PLC

Charles101
2014-03-23
2014-03-25
  • Charles101 - 2014-03-23

Last December I created a post about the problem I've experienced with a PLC I purchased from the Ruihua company in China. After considerable difficulty trying to write a simple CoDeSys program, I hired an experienced CoDeSys programmer in India to help me online at Elance.com.

The programmer in India did an excellent job. I was very pleased with his work, but he discovered a problem with the PLC software. We couldn't get any tech support from the Ruihua company. I've scrapped the Ruihua PLC.

I'm buying a new PLC from Beckhoff. Beckhoff provides free tech support here in Phoenix, AZ, USA in person.

The Ruihua PLC looked like a bargain at first, but it was a huge waste of my time and money.

• shooter - 2014-03-23

was the chinese one codesys?
    On many cases it is needed to use an old version of codesys, that can talk with the firmware of the PLC.

and yes we can help you no problem.
    if the india guy has problems for me the same.

it looks very much like a logo (many suppliers have these)

• Charles101 - 2014-03-23

I don't know, but the Ruihua PLC used software called Power Pro. An older version of the Power Pro CoDeSys software may have been required.

It doesn't matter now. I'm certainly switching to Beckhoff. Ruihua could not provide tech support.

• Charles101 - 2014-03-25

By the way, I sure appreciate Paul's offer of assistance with my problem. Thanks very much. I'll keep you posted, after I get the Beckhoff PLC and output module.