Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Reset an Array[] in one line, possible?

2013-03-22
2013-03-22
  • fredleemans - 2013-03-22

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to "Reset" all the index of an array to a value, with one line?

For example:

I have a array of 5 real. array[1]= 1.12, array[2]= 2.23, array[3]= 3.45, array[4]= 4.56, etc...

In a phase of my sequence, I need to "Reset" completely my array[] to a specific value, for example 0.

Is there any commands that allow that or should I use a Loop to "Reset" each index one by one...?

eg: array[1..5] := 0; or something like that?

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Fred

Related

Talk.ru: 1
    Talk.ru: 2
    Talk.ru: 3

• Strucc - 2013-03-22

There is no standard way to do this.

However, if you don't aim platform independence, and your target platform support SysLibMem library, you might want to try:

SysMemSet(ADR(MyArray),0,SIZEOF(MyArray));

However, this only works, if you'd like to reset everything to 0, or it's an array of bytes.

I'm not sure about the performance difference between this solution and a standard ST for loop...

• fredleemans - 2013-03-22

Hello,

Ok, I'm gonna to see if I have SysLibMem library.

I want reset all to '0', so it would be perfect.

Anyway, I can measure the time for performing the 2 methods and compare it... Finally a "For" Loop is not so big to write.

Thank you for your idea,

Regards,

Fred